9.09.2008

Engineering Career Fair

This is the first time I actually have the courage to attend the Engineering Career Fair. I think that I am not good at talking to people at all. However, I don't really think that will be a big problem at all because most of the company representatives are just focusing on my resume. I talked to the guy from Intel but he said that they can't really hire international students except for those with a master degree in computer science but he still suggested me to contact the Intel in Malaysia . I was so disappointed and felt that I was discriminated. However, I feel lucky to talk to the representative from Motorola because I think it may be possible that I would have an internship in Motorola next summer. Actually, I am not sure if I want to stay in the States next summer but I definitely think that I should try attending the career fair this year since I am junior now. Besides, I have a mentee who were willing to accompany me to the career fair this semester. Now, I am just wondering if having a good resume is good enough for a job? I think I still have a long way to. I still need to sharpen my communication skills.

No comments: